Size: 7 oz. (198g) tub
- Effective Proven Treatment & Prevention against
- Fly Bite Dermatitis (aka:Summer itch, sweet itch, etc)
- De-tracts flies, no-seems, ticks, mosquitoes, etc.
- Anti Itch formula soothes and cools
- Rapid Healing for open sores and wounds
- Promotes hair growth from wounds and dermatitis
- All Natural – Non Medicated – Clear Formula
- Can replace other wound salves and fly repellent creams
- Use on ears, face, muzzle, girth, tail, legs
- Recommended by Veterinarians
The Farrier’s Wife® Belly Salve® is an exciting multipurpose product for both horses and dogs, that was originally developed to heal and prevent fly bite dermatitis (a.k.a. sweet itch) usually found along the midline of the horses’ belly. Farrier’s Wife® Belly Salve® naturally and effectively repels insects, stops the itching and rubbing associated with fly bite allergies and irritations, soothes open sores,and helps with hair re-growth. Belly Salve® has also proven itself to be effective as a wound salve and insect repellent for ears, face, legs, muzzle, and tail head.
This entirely natural salve contains a unique blend of no less than nine carefully selected pure essential oils to soothe irritated skin and relieve the itching, while effectively repelling flies and other insects. It is safe to use on open sores, and encourages natural healing and rapid hair re-growth. The Farrier’s Wife® Belly Salve® is recommended for applying to all sore areas and bald patches. If your horse is simply rubbing their mane or tail, but hasn’t yet caused any bald patches, we recommend that you apply Belly Salve® as a preventative to sores and hair loss. Easy to apply, pleasant smelling and cooling to the skin, Belly Salve®should be applied liberally to affected area once or twice a day for 5-7 days, After this time, using every other day or 3-4 times a week will prevent further outbreaks. Since Belly Salve® is an all natural product that will actually absorb into the skin; it will maintain a residual effect for continuous healing. It is not necessary to wrap over a wound once Belly Salve® is applied, but it is safe to wrap or bandage over if the situation requires.